by: Hilary Downs
As we are all aware, we are living in a unique moment in time. The session met this morning (3/14) to talk about how we will live out our life together as a church family while the COVID-19 virus is spreading. We want to be a community that loves each other well, which means we do not want to put people at risk, but rather make decision that will help each person stay healthy through this time. Toward that end we are suspending all small group church-related meetings for adults, youth and children (kids club and youth groups). We will update the congregation regularly about how long those suspensions will last.
For now we have decided to continue gathering for Sunday worship, but with these precautions:
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home.
- If you are someone with a compromised immune system, please stay home.
- If you live or are in close contact with someone with a compromised immune system, please consider staying home.
- We'll request that each person who comes to worship wash their hands as soon as they arrive in the building.
- We ask that household groups sit together, but give space from other household groups.
- We will not have our usual greeters working, so you'll pick up your own bulletin.
- We will not have our normal greeting time during worship, we will not pass offering plates but will have a basket at the back.
- There will be no fellowship time after worship, no Sunday School (nursery will be available).
The sermon and bulletin will be available here on the website on Sunday afternoon.
Please don't hesitate to contact the church office if you have needs that arise (like needing meals delivered or help with childcare) and we'll do our best to help meet those needs.
Thank you for your consideration of each other's welfare, thanks for holding each other in prayer. This is a time when we get to learn new ways that we can truly be the church to one another and our world. Peace to you all during this unique time.
The Session, Pastors Tom and Hilary